Achieve your Unclaimed Property Program Goals
Achieve program goals using dedicated, reliable, and cost-effective unclaimed property resources.
- Integrate the latest strategies to reduce risk associated with managing unclaimed property in safekeeping.
- Leverage modern advancements in information technology for your unclaimed property management systems.
- Implement efficiencies and best practices for your unclaimed property program operations.
- Increase the amount of unclaimed property returned and reunited with rightful owners in your state.
Benefits of Kelmar's Data Security Safeguards
Kelmar’s rigorous information security practices and operations help government unclaimed property administrators meet state-mandated security and compliance requirements. Our independently audited unclaimed property solutions help address security requirements and reduce the burden of compliance.
How can Kelmar's data security practices help your government unclaimed property program?
- Easily address scrutiny from your own IT auditors / security teams; Kelmar's data security safeguards meet all state-mandated security and compliance requirements.
- Avoid issues with buying software and services that don’t include ISO/SOC compliance reporting; each year, Kelmar undergoes SOC 1 Type 2, SOC 2 Type 2, and ISO 27001:2013 compliance assessments of its software and services.
- Reduce risks in the event of breaches/incidents; Kelmar's certifications cover the confidentiality and integrity of its systems and services.
How is Kelmar different from other unclaimed property vendors?
- We have receipts. Our ISO certification and SOC compliance assessment reports are available upon request.
- We are serious, so we invest money and time in our data security.
- We don’t just check a box; our data security initiatives are continuous and ongoing.
- We stay compliant. We release software updates continuously, so we stay compliant as standards change or threats emerge.
Take the Next Step in Unclaimed Property Management
Tailored to the specific functions of an unclaimed property program, clients have experienced significant improvements in departmental efficiencies as a direct result of Kelmar’s systems, services, and support.
- Implementation of workflow automation allows program staff to focus on more value-added activities
- Establishment of internal controls ensures data integrity and accuracy to effectively safeguard property information
- Support for anticipated increases in receipts and claim volumes in future years, particularly with the expanding popularity of unclaimed property websites for property searches, and the continued expansion of holder and owner outreach
- Improved customer service in an environment where service demands are growing rapidly
- Expanded resources and modern tools and technologies help to increase compliance with unclaimed property laws
- Reduced operating costs associated with transition away from paper-based processes
- Delivery of comprehensive reporting necessary to measure and manage workloads
Kelmar Memberships and Awards
As a Corporate Affiliate Member of NAST for more than a decade, Kelmar serves as sponsor, attendee, and presenter at NAST, NAUPA, and NIPF conferences and webinars scheduled each year. Kelmar’s industry leading unclaimed property professionals present on the technical aspects of unclaimed property at these educational forums. Kelmar, along with several of Kelmar’s unclaimed property experts, have been individually recognized by these industry associations for their achievements in the field of unclaimed property.
2018 NAST Corporate Affiliate Award
Kelmar Associates, LLC
This award recognizes an active Corporate Affiliate member for outstanding service to the profession and the Association. Kelmar was nominated for “outstanding partnership” with the Unclaimed Property Division of the Massachusetts Department of State Treasury. Vermont State Treasurer and 2018 NAST President, the Honorable Beth Pearce, presented Kelmar CEO & President, Mark McQuillen with the award at the 2018 National Association of State Treasurers Annual Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona.
2017 NAUPA Lifetime Achievement Award
Kenneth Wagers, Vice President
This award is the highest honor presented by the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) to professionals in the unclaimed property arena. Ken Wagers received the 2017 award in recognition of his 25+ years of dedication serving the unclaimed property programs of each state and the technological advancements he has continually made in the field. This is one of few times it has been presented a non-state employee.
2008 NAUPA Lifetime Achievement Award
Lyman, Executive Consultant
This award is the highest honor presented by the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) to professionals in the unclaimed property arena, and one of few times it has been presented a non-state employee.
2007 NAST Corporate Affiliate Award
Lyman, Executive Consultant
This award is the highest honor presented by the National Association of State Treasurers (NAST) to Corporate Affiliate Members.